Simple Matcha Ice-Cream Recipe Without Ice-cream Machine
Matcha ice cream become popular nowadays especially in Japanese food store or cafes. But many of the recipe require you to get a ice-cream maker machine. Here is the recipe of matcha green tea ice-cream recipe without using ice-cream maker machine.
- 1 cup (about 240ml) of cold heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons of cold sweetened condensed milk. Add more if you prefer more sweet flavour.
- About 12g matcha green tea powder. (We recommend Meiko Uji Matcha because this ice-cream recipe is not as sweet as commercial ice-cream, therefore culinary matcha with lower bitterness is suitable. Use premium grade if you have more budget).
- Mix 4.5 teaspoons of matcha green tea powder in 3 tablespoons of hot water and cool it down to room temperature.
- Then whip 1 cup of cold heavy cream until stiff.
- Add in matcha green tea and sweetened condensed milk mixture into heavy cream and whisk until they mix evenly.
- Now move the mixture to container and cover it.Then freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.