Top Health Benefits of Japanese Matcha
The Japanese Matcha Tea is natural organic tea with a bright emerald-green color. It has been the heart of the famous Japanese tea ceremony for almost a millennium now. What makes it even potent as a drink is the way it is prepared. Matcha is made from high-quality young leaves of the tencha tree and kept away from light and oxygen to preserve its color and health benefits.
Health Benefits of Matcha Tea
This beverage has survived this long because of the many health benefits it has to offer. Given that it is loaded with vitamin A, E, C and B-complex amongst many other crucial nutrients, its health benefits are almost limitless and include some those discussed below.
- Antioxidant Power - Research shows that the amount of apigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) antioxidant available from matcha tea is 137 times higher than China Green Tips green tea, and at least 3 times higher than other green teas. There is no other green tea like Japanese Matcha when it comes to the amount of antioxidants delivered to the body. Matcha has a strong wealth of natural antioxidants and polyphenols that give it the highest amounts of EGCG. These antioxidants guarantee proper health by seeking out oxygen free radicals and neutralizing their harmful effects. This helps in preventing the occurrence of disorders and inflammations that are related to oxidative stress.
Anti-oxidants level of Matcha compare to other anti-oxidants rich foods.
- Fight Type-2 Diabetes - People suffering from type-2 diabetes are also encouraged to take Matcha because it helps maintain a healthy metabolism. The antioxidants reduce the levels of triglycerides, cholesterol, and hepatic glucose thus promoting well-being. Matcha also fights renal and hepatic damage in people suffering from diabetes by restraining the accumulation of advanced glycation in the kidneys.
- Improved Cardiovascular Health - A Study from JAMA conclude that green tea consumption helps in reducing mortality due to cardiovascular disease. Epigallocatechin gallate or EGCG present in Matcha tea is responsible for maintaining cardiovascular health. It achieves this by fighting LDL cholesterol which harms the heart by constricting blood vessels. EGCG also keeps your heart working normally by reducing the accumulation of lipids while also promoting autophagy in the vascular endothelial cells. As a result, increased intake of this tea not only lowers your blood pressure but also decreases the likelihood of stroke.
- Enhances Energy - Green tea has a healthy form of caffeine known as theophylline. This caffeine is different from what you find in coffee and other beverages. Theophylline promotes the slow release of energy which in turn supports the optimal functionality of adrenal glands and maintains the right hormonal levels in the body. Apart from this, Matcha will not leave you feeling groggy because of the slow energy release. This is actually the reason people who take Japanese Matcha tea are energetic throughout the day.
- Promotes Mental Alertness and Calming Effect - When you are anxious and need something to calm you down, then you should not look any further than Matcha. This is because it contains L-thiamine, a unique amino acid that possesses anti-anxiolytic properties. These properties assist in boosting alpha waves that promote mental clarity and alertness. This calming effect of Match tea is also what monk Buddhist monks exploit to achieve deep concentration needed for meditation. The thiamine present in this tea also assists in reducing physiological and psychological stress by fighting neuron excitation.
- Fights Cancer - The antioxidants found in Matcha have a lot of benefits including fighting cancer. EGCG is known to have chemopreventive properties that prevent proliferation of malignant cancerous cells while promoting induction of apoptosis. This reduces the risks of developing different forms of cancers including bladder and colorectal cancer. Even for those who already have cancer, EGCG works against its progression.
- Better Gastrointestinal Health - A study conducted on the health benefits of Matcha also found that it is quite useful when it comes to gastrointestinal health. The numerous antioxidants that it is packed with promote fecal extraction. They also have a role to play in helping the body get rid of harmful chemicals and toxins.
- Promotes Weight Loss - Weight loss has continually been a challenge for many people. While there are several actions that you need to undertake to get to your desired weight, drinking Matcha tea is high up on the list. High concentrations if EGCG found in Matcha increase the rate at which the body burns stored fats to produce energy. It also minimizes the formation of new fat cells thereby preventing future weight gain. The catechins found in this green tea variant also increase the body’s rate of burning fat during exercise.
Matcha tea has superior potential health benefits compared to any form of green tea. Given that the entire leaf is dissolved in water, this tea offers maximum benefits. Whether you are after your overall well-being or want to fight some infection, then look no further than Matcha tea.
Our Store offer different grades of Matcha
Our Matcha are all 100% pure matcha imported from Japan.